When you start your business, the very first thing that comes to your mind is how to improve our marketing strategy, so that you can gather more and more consumers. It is indeed one of the most important things that you should keep in mind; but what more important is, what kind of advertising you are choosing.
There are plenty of ways through which you can advertise your business. For example, you can run ads in the radio, television or in the news papers. But if you are a local business, using such marketing strategies may not turn out to be fruitful; in fact, it will cost you a lot of money. So what can be the best way to advertise your business locally? The answer is with the help of – geofencing marketing campaigns.
What is Geofencing?
Geofencing is the practice of using global positioning (GPS) or radio frequency identification (RFID) to define a geographic boundary. Then, once this “virtual barrier” is established, the administrator can set up triggers that send a text message, email alert, or app notification when a mobile device enters (or exits) the specified area.
Why Use Geofencing?
There are a lot of benefits of using the Geofencing. But before that, let’s see why geofencing works amazingly –
• Almost 60% of the people look for any kind of local information on their mobile phones.
• 40% of consumers look for information while on the go.
• 70% of consumers are willing to share their location with you for something in return.
• Secondary Action Rates–meaning people visit a store or take some other additional action after seeing an ad–are more than 2X as likely to occur with location-based marketing.
• Home and trade services rank among the industries that receive the highest secondary action rates.
The benefits of the geofencing are tremendous. There are any ways it can help you. The benefits are –
• The service is cost effective and much more consumer targeted than the others. The radio or TV ads may not be able to target the right kind of consumers that you are looking for. But geofencing targets the people who you want to target and who can be your potential customers.
• Geofencing helps you learn your customers’ behavior. With their location data, you can understand how many times they have visited your shop or how many times they have visited your competitor’s shop and so on.
There are lots of benefits of using these services. All you need to do is use it the right way.